Monday, November 05, 2007

SPP Setting Goals Presentation.....

My aim is to create a final year piece of work where the style and cinematography is instantly impressive. If this is achieved i hope to go on to work as a cinematographer hopefully working my way up become a director of photography. I feel that my knowledge of the lighting equipment is stopping me from achieving this goal. My past work has suffered due to my inability with the lighting. In The Holding Pattern, a piece of work from last year, a few scenes did not look as good as they could have been due this.

In order to gain more experience in this field i could try and lend my help to as many of my peer's projects this year, helping out on friend's work and offering to set up the shot. Without overloading my own work load, obviously......

People in the industry could help me achieve this goal and gain experience.

If i reach my goal i could be able to create work that is synonymous with David Sexton. One person who i feel have achieved this goal is Edgar Wright. Director of the television series Spaced and films Shaun of the Dead & Hot Fuzz. Below are some examples of his work. There is a consistent feel to all of his work no matter what style.







In order to achieve this goal i must continue with my reading into cinematography and continue to get as much experience as possible between now and the end of the year.

No comments: