Saturday, November 18, 2006

Hard Candy Script

Hard Candy
Scene 24
Haley has successful drugged paedophile Geoff and has tied him up in his own house.

INT. LIVING ROOM – DAY

Where we find Geoff in one of his Aeron chairs – tied in. His wrists are lashed to the armrests, his ankles to the legs. He’s baffled, too groggy to understand what’s happened to him.

Haley : Did you call me ?

Geoff : Wha---

Haley : just looking through your medicine cabinet. Borrrrrring. No valley of the dolls stuff at all. Can’t help wondering, why all the lubricants.

Geoff : I----

Haley waits patiently, but he’s still too out of it.

Haley : You’ll tell me when your ready, I guess. Take your time

Geoff : Whaddid you--- ?

He shakes his head trying to get the blood flowing again

Haley : Remember what I said not drinking anything you didn’t see made yourself ? Good advice for everyone.

Geoff stares at her, wondering if he’s really saying what it sounds like. He flexes his arms, no slack. He tries to kick his legs free, no deal. But he’s still too zoned to understand why he can’t move…..

Haley : Sorry you were out for so long, I’ve never drugged anyone before.

She pulls a little vial out from her pants pocket, shows it to him in mock concern.

Haley : When I swiped this from my Dad it didn’t come with any directions. And I couldn’t very well ask him how much it would take to knock someone out, huh ? Then again, maybe I used more than I thought. Those screwdrivers could’ve affected my judgement, ya think ?

She smiles as if to say : silly me ! As she heads to the kitchen Geoff slowly comes around, his tongue still thick.

Geoff : don’t understand….

She pours him a glass of water from the tap and brings it over and carefully holds it to his mouth.

Haley : Have some water. It’ll help you come to. It’s real water, scouts honour.

His eyes widen as he drinks, realising how helpless he is, his adrenaline’s rising.

Geoff : This isn’t funny.

Haley : True. True.

Geoff : What the hell is this…. ?

Haley : Give me a moment, I want to look through the drawers over here.

KITCHEN

Haley goes into the kitchen, smoothly and casually opening the drawers and cabinets and sifting through their contents : batteries, baseball cards, pencils, real estate flyers and so on….

Haley : People keep the strangest things. (Off the baseball card) I mean why would anyone want to hang onto Albert Belle. (Off his silence) Some things can’t be explained.

Geoff : Is this some sort of teenage joke ?

Haley : Teenage ? yes. Joke ? No. (Looking at batteries) we have way too many triple A batteries at our house too. Why do they even make these ?

Geoff : Let me go. LET ME GO !

Haley : Patience. Patience. Just checking out this side of the house.

Track Haley past the front door back to

THE LIVING ROOM

Where she waves the lint in Geoff’s face.

Haley : Nothing in here I should know about is there ?

Geoff : what the fuck are you doing !?

Haley : that’s sort of been my question Geoff. What the fuck are you doing ? We’re in his house, filled with photos of half-naked teenage girls. (Sarcastically) None of whom you’ve EVER done it with !!

Geoff : (towards the window) HEEEEEELP !

But midyell, she grabs his jaw and shoots the chloraseptic down his throat and shoves the chair into the corner. As Geoff rolls into the wall, he’s gagging and choking.

Haley : No point in taking any risks, Geoff. Technically I could let you scream your brains out, nobody should really hear. I waited till today because (points to the north) Mr. Coughlan’s at work all day, (nods to south) and the Carranco’s are vacationing in Santa Barbara. Still (lifts chloraseptic) I don’t need some pedestrian to happen by just as your screaming. So keep quiet or….

She sprays a dash more chloraseptic in his face just to drive the point home and sets the bleach on the table…

Haley : Next time it’ll be the bleach

2 comments:

joolsayodeji said...

i didnt get to see this at a the time of release. it looks good though. did you see happiness the solondz film. interestingly different take on paedophilia also.

David Sexton said...

no i haven't but i've heard it's quite good. I like Philp Seymor Hoffman though.... Watched Capote earlier this week he's brilliant in it. One of those where you really feel like your watching a character and are totally distanced from the actor's previous roles.... unlike someone like Steven Segal !!