Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Memento


A lot of my friends have been talking about Memento for years now but i'd never got round to watching it, but last night i saw it for the first time and loved it. I've been thinking a lot about my direction for camera film recently but watching this just turned my ideas on their head. I haven't seen such an original piece of story telling for a long time. The film plays backwards from the end to the start and is about a man with short term memory loss trying to find his wife's killer. Because of this there is constant suspense throughout with brilliant little subtleties and backwards explanations. It's another Christopher Nolan film that i have really enjoyed, i like the way he casts a lot of actors in nationalities foreign to their own but always gets a convincing performance from them.

No comments: