Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Animation Review

So, my animation is currently rendering on the computer next to me. I've got mixed feelings about it. Once again two words come to mind, as they do around this stage of every piece of coursework i've ever done. Time Management. I really need to sort this out, i shouldn't be rendering my work two hours for the deadline, what happens if something goes horribly wrong now ? (touch wood) Or what if the computer crashes, which is has been doing, and i loose everything. This isn't second year behavior, i said i was going to sort this out. It's got 11 minutes left to completion. Just enough to do this........ I'm quite excited about seeing my animation actually. It all started with the brief (as most courseworks do) create an ident for channel 27. Straight away i thought of a house. TV = House. So i decided to create a house for my character to sit in, then i started to think bigger and bigger until before i knew it i had a whole street for him to live on. Then soon a street became a block with flats, fields, fences, alley-ways and lamp-posts. I have given my camera a personality in my animation. Inspired by the work of David Fincher who uses animated camera-work to perfection (ie : Fight Club / Panic Room), my camera flies down the street, through the alley-way and then arrives at the house where the character is changing around on the channels. AND SOMETHING HAS GOT HORRIBLY WRONG !! i've rendered the WRONG prespective !! so unless i want my animation viewed from an arial perspective i'm gonna have to do it again !! No need to worry ! only going to take me RIDICULOUSLY close to the deadline i think i could pass out.... anyway, where was i ? Yeah, using Fincher inspired camera shots we come to our character. Who's changing the channels, stopping on channel 27. I created the sound of the TV by using sound forge and recording different programs of youtube....

I am semi-happy with my animation. I think there is a lot more i could do to it if i had of managed my time better. The funny thing is i did honestly put the time into it. I worked on it every day for two and a half weeks, it was just learning 3ds max again and getting to grips with a new side of the program. I kept the actual animation to a minimum in my ident. I concentrated more on modelling to keep it looking more professional. My next piece of coursework will have more animation in it...... Hopefully with some practise over the christmas holiday on 3ds max i can learn how to animation smoothy. Direction is my only work over the holiday so i think i will have plenty of time to brush up on my 3ds max skills.

2 hours and 31 minutes til render completion. Now two new words come into my head.....

I'm screwed.

No comments: