Saturday, December 23, 2006

A Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band

The wheels are in motion, i have in my arsenal.... one violin player, one guitarist, a pianist and one very talented mulit-instrumentalist / producer and access to a recording studio ! The Holding Pattern sound is about to be created......

I want slow, emotive, semi-classical music for my film. The main inspiration coming from my beloved 'A Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band' which i love saying at every given opportunity ! They are a side-project from the members of one of my favourite bands 'Godspeed You! Black Emperor'. Examples of this bands excellence can be found here.....



Thats such an amazing few scenes. The film (28 Days Later) sort of goes downhill after they leave the empty London i always thought. But the music is used SO well, end of the world scenes put to an apocalyptic Godspeed !.... track ! So if you like that i strongly suggest buying every single thing the band have ever recorded ! cause it's ace !

anyway, passionate rant over. A Silver Mt. Zion.... are my inspiration for The Holding Pattern theme (working title). I've never conducted anyone before so i'm quite looking forward to it. If you are interested to see how i HOPE it will sound check out their myspaz.....

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=128287312

i saw them at the Rescue Rooms last year and they absolutely blew me away ! Just realised this post has basically been a David Sexton likes.... music post !

No comments: